Monday, January 24, 2011

Watching our Verbage....

So my Therapist gave me three things to work on this week...

1. Find a Doctor-have a complete physical, just to make sure that everything is working the way it should be....

2. Read the book "Codependent No More:

3. Watch my Verbage and monitor how often I am using it.....

What does watching my verbage mean? Well, thanks for asking my non-reader that I pretend exists so that I don't feel like I have completely lost my mind by talking to myself....

I talk down to myself a lot...such as saying I am a "hot mess" or saying I am "lazy"

I guess that is bad for ones self-esteem...

I really liked my Therapist...she is seemed to totally understand what I was trying to say without me having to really go into that much detail...It reminds me of the relationship that I have with my hair-dresser. I can explain to her what I want, using very few words, and she totally gets what I want done to my hair...and then does it...and it is perfect. Everytime.

Is it okay to really hope that my Therapist is like my Hair-Dresser.....because I totally do.

I think this is going to really help....today

Next week is another day, we'll see then....

No comments:

Post a Comment